Author: Ron Graham
This page continues to study Matthew chapter 5 and the Sermon on the Mount, presenting puzzles and quizzes for your enjoyment in learning.
The words in this puzzle relate to ideas in Matthew 5.
|C R O S S W O R D|
|By Ron Graham (C) 2013|
1. The King’s staff of righteousness.
5. The poor in spirit ----- the heavenly kingdom.
6. Refuses to share with those who ask for help.
9. You have ----- that it was said to those of old.
10. Whom does Jesus teach to love everyone?
12. Where the gift was to be left while reconciliation was sought.
13. Form of persecution.
15. Another form of persecution.
2. Jesus had an agenda for people’s hearts.
3. A typical Pharisees was one spiritually.
4. Don't have to like, but must love one.
7. Rejoicing and exceedingly glad.
8. Abbreviation for newspaper’'s chief scribe.
9. Jesus concentrated on this, and thought little of outward appearances.
11. What Jesus will do for those persecuted for his sake.
14. “Eye for eye” is getting ----.
1A=sceptre, 2D=change, 3D=pauper, 4D=enemy, 5A=value, 6A=greedy, 7D=rapturous, 8D=ed, 9A-heard, 9D=heart, 10A=us, 11D=sustain, 12A=altar, 13A=torment, 14D=even, 15A=abuse
In what order do these ten topics appear in Matthew 5?
Law, Anger, Light, Lust, Salt, Beatitudes, Love, Marriage, Oaths, Retaliation.
(1) Beatitudes, (2) Salt, (3) Light, (4) The Law, (5) Anger, (6) Lust, (7) Marriage, (8) Oaths, (9) Retaliation, (10) Love.