Author: Ron Graham
How to Search simplybible.com
—Using SiFi our automated clerk
The studies on simplybible.com are indexed not only manually for your eyes, but also in a manner accessible by our automated clerk called SiFi. You suggest a topic and the robot tries to make a list for you.
What does SiFi do?
- SiFi is simplybible.com’s own unique search program.
- It includes a comprehensive index/directory to simplybible.com’s hundreds of pages.
- You can enter a keyword, topic, or short question.
- SiFi attempts to understand your input so as to respond intelligently.
- SiFi will present you with a list of Bible lessons and a brief explanation of what each lesson is about.
- SiFi might also suggest some cross reference lookups, and make helpful comments.
- SiFi can handle most minor mispellings or typing mistakes.
Where to find SiFi
- At the top of every page, just under the tabs, where you see the magnifying glass, and there is a slot to enter your topic.
- Likewise, at the bottom of every page, just above the site navigator.
How to Use the Slot for Input
- Click or touch the slot —this will clear and reset it.
- Intelligently type one or more words to indicate topics.
- Click or tap the index button (or hit your return/enter key) to initiate the search.
Tips on What to Enter
- If unsure of spelling, enter all likely spellings in one go.
- The search is not case sensitive —capital letters aren’t necessary, nor punctuation, nor boolean logic.
- Short entries work best, especially Bible-related keywords.
- Use broad terms like heaven, priesthood, baptism, hope, faith, Jesus, salvation, Holy Spirit, sacrifice, kingdom, and so forth.
- The slot at the bottom of the page may already be filled with a suggested topic or keyword.
- If you would like the suggestion processed, click or tap the index button (or hit your return/enter key).
- You can clear the slot of a suggestion simply by clicking or tapping on it.
Coming Back to This Page
- Click or touch the magnifying glass at left of the input slot .
- The SiFi program was written by, and is maintained by, Ron Graham.
- SiFi — Copyright © Ron Graham 2009, 2018.
- SiFi is definitely not smarter than its creator.
Using Other Search Engines
- SiFi does a good job most of the time, but on occasions you may wish to search all the content of simplybible.com rather than just SiFi’s databases. Below you can search with Google. Or you can go to our instructions on how to enter search terms into most search engines, with the search limited mainly to simplybible.com rather than the whole world.
Search simplybible.com with Google
NOT mobile friendly
Copyright on print