Author: Ron Graham
Bible Maxims (3)
Here's another list of Bible maxims. A selection from among the many maxims in the Bible. A maxim is a brief pithy expression of some general principle or rule of conduct.
Bible Maxims — List 3
- "For thus says the LORD, 'You have sold yourselves for nothing, and you shall be redeemed without money'" (Isaiah 52:3).
- "In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace" (Ephesians 1:7).
- "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3 NKJV).
- "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him" (1Corinthians 2:9).
- "Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God." (2Corinthians 7:1).
- "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." (1Corinthians 15:58).
- "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you. " (Ephesians 5:14).
- "Let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall" (1Corinthians 10:12).
- "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21).
- "Do not return evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing" (1Peter 3:9).
- "Watch; stand fast in the faith; be strong; let all that you do be done in love" (1Corinthians 16:13-14).
- "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head" (Romans 12:20 ESV).
- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phiulippians 4:13).
- "In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:2-3).
- "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15).
- "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV).
- "I have fought the good fight; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith" (2Timothy 4:7).
- "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching." (2 Timothy 4:2 NKJV).
- "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." (2 Timothy 4:3=4 NKJV).
- "Now may the Lord direct you into the love of God and into the patience of Christ" (2Thessalonians 3:5 NKJV).
- "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all" (2Thessalonians 3:16 NKJV).
Copyright on print