Author: Ron Graham
Bible Maxims (6)
Here's a list of Bible maxims. Just a neat simple selection for your edification. A maxim is a brief pithy expression of some general principle or rule of conduct.
Bible Maxims — List 6
- "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts says the LORD" (Isaiah 55:8-9).
- "All things are naked and open to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do." (Hebrews 4:13).
- "Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD" (Job 1:21 ESV).
- "We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out." (1Timothy 6:7 NKJV).
- "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil" (1Timothy 6:10).
- "You earn wages only to put them in a bag full of holes" (Haggai 1:6).
- "You have been weighed in the balances and found wanting" (Daniel 5:27).
- "See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:15 NKJV).
- "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour" (1Peter 5:8 ESV).
- "Resist the Devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).
- "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" (Psalm 14:1).
- "But you, beloved, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God as you await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you eternal life" (Jude 1:20 BSB).
- "So then faith comes through hearing and hearing comes through the word of God" (Romand 10:17).
- "For I [Paul] am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." (Romans 1:16).
- "Whatever I [Jesus] tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops" (Matthew 10:27).
- "How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'" (Isaiah 52:7 NKJV).
- "If the world hates you. you know it hated me before it hated you" (John 15:18).
- "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:10).
- "Let your yes be yes, and your no be no, for what is more than these is from the evil one" (Matthew 5:37).
- "To God, who alone is wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever, Amen" (Romans 16:27).
Copyright on print