Author: Ron Graham
Here's a Bible study quiz for you. The Bible questions are generally not trivia. Rather they help you to learn the message of the scripture. Find the best answer to each question according to the scripture text cited.
1. (Hebrews 9:27) What is appointed for human beings? (A) To die and after that comes the Judgment, (B) To die and after that oblivion, (C) To die and after that reincarnation, (D) To die and after that haunt houses, (E) To die and after that be absorbed into the universal mind.
2. (2Timothy 4:1) At the end of the world, Who will judge both the living and the dead? (A) Seven angels, (B) The 12 Apostles, (C) The Holy Spirit, (D) The prophet Elijah, (E) Jesus Christ.
3. (Matthew 25:31-33) The Judge of the world will divide humanity into how many groups? (A) Twelve, (B) Three, (C) Two, (D) Seven, (E) 100.
4. (Romans 6:23) What are the wages of sin, and what do those who are paid them lose? (A) Poverty ‑ loss of wealth, (B) Illness ‑ loss of health, (C) Sorrow ‑ loss of joy, (D) Death ‑ loss of the gift of eternal life, (E) No wages of sin ‑ there's nothing to lose.
5. (Matthew 25:34 & 46) Where will they go who are judged to be righteous? (A) They will remain on planet Earth, (B) They will go to distant stars, (C) They will inherit eternal life in the kingdom prepared for them, (D) They will go to the next higher plane of existence, (E) They will go wherever they like.
6. (1Corinthians 15:3-4) What did Jesus Christ do that made it possible for us to avoid the wages of sin and receive the gift of God? (A) He died for our sins, was buried, and arose on the third day, (B) He came to earth and did many miracles, (C) We don't know because God has kept it secret, (D) Jesus preached to the people on many occasions, (E) Nothing Jesus did could allow us to be forgiven.
7. (Ephesians 2:8) By what principle does God save people, forgiving their sins by the sacrifice Jesus made? (A) By each person’s merit deserving salvation, (B) By God’s grace and mercy, granting salvation as a gift undeserved, (C) By allowing many good deeds to cover up a few bad deeds, (D) By God just turning a blind eye to sin, (E) By the principle that God saves good people and punishes bad people.
8. (John 6:28-29) Does being saved by grace mean that God does all the work required? (A) The one being saved does nothing and that's the wonder of it, (B) The one being saved must believe —'this is the work of God —that you believe', (C) God saves everybody all by himself and today requires nothing of anyone, (D) Human beings are incapable of doing the work of God, (E) There is no work of God, there is only the grace of God.
9. (Acts 17:30) Is believing in Jesus Christ the only work we must do to be saved. What about repentance? (A) We are saved by faith alone. God’s grace requires nothing but faith, (B) God now commands all people everywhere to repent —not just to believe, (C) Repentance is just the change of heart from unbelief to belief —it's not something added to belief, (D) Repentance is all in your mind and heart —it's not a work you do, (E) God commands repentance, but it is not essential to obey that command in order to be saved.
10. (Romans 12:1-2) Which is involved in one’s salvation, one’s body or one’s mind? (A) The mind because we are saved by faith and it's the mind, not the body, that believes, (B) The body, because we are saved by works and the body, not the mind, does works, (C) The whole person, including body and mind, (D) The body, because one’s mind is one’s brain and one’s brain is part of one’s body, (E) Neither body nor mind, but the deep spirit.
11. (Romans 10:9-10) When one believes in one’s heart the truth about Jesus, what should one’s mouth do? (A) Confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, (B) , Keep your mouth shut, (C) Smile, (D) Speak in tongues, (E) Utter a prayer.
12. (Acts 2:37-39) When one first repents of sin, what else should be done? (A) Nothing more needs to be done, (B) Say the sinner’s prayer, (C) Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, (D) Choose and join a denomination of the Church, (E) The laying on of hands.
13. (Acts 8:38-39) After Philip preached to the Ethiopian, why did they go down into the water? (A) To have a swim, (B) To have a wash, (C) So Philip could baptize the Ethiopian, (D) To cool themselves down, (E) To have a drink.
14. (Acts 22:16) When Ananias commanded Saul to be baptized, Ananias stated the point of doing so. What was the point? (A) To wash away Saul’s sins, (B) To make a sign of grace, (C) To show acceptance of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection, (D) To wash dirt from Saul’s flesh, (E) To follow tradition.
15. (Romans 1:5) When Saul became Paul the Apostle, what was the goal of his work? (A) To swell the number of disciples, (B) To promote his version of Christianity, (C) To bring about the obedience of faith among all nations, (D) To become famous, (E) To get himself killed.
16. (1John 2:1-2) A Christian should not sin, but if a Christian does sin, what help does Jesus offer? (A) Jesus is our Advocate with the Father because Jesus is the Righteous One, and the Atonement for all sins, (B) He gives us a second chance, (C) He tells the devil to leave us alone, (D) He overlooks our sins, because they no longer matter very much, (E) He offers no help, because Christians are on their own in the battle against sin.
17. (Hebrews 4:14-16) Who makes it possible to approach the throne of grace to obtain mercy and help in time of need? (A) We make it possible by ourselves by being bold, (B) Angels escort us and plead with God on our behalf, (C) The Holy Spirit is our Helper (D) Jesus the Son of God, who is our Great High Priest, (E) We are not allowed near the throne of grace.
18. (Romans 8:26 & 34) Who makes intercession for us according to the will of God? (A) Our fellow Christians, (B) The Holy Spirit, (C) Jesus Christ, (D) Both Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, (E) Nobody. We have no Intercessor.
19. (Ephesians 6:10-13) Those who want to be strong in the Lord’s mighty power need to wear something. What is it? (A) The breastplate of righteousness, (B) The whole armour of God, (C) White robes, (D) A golden crown, (E) A badge with "Jesus Saves" on it.
20. (Jude 1:29) We should “Keep ourselves...” in what? (A) Our own strength, (B) The Love of God, (C) Our good habits, (D) Our spirituality, (E) Good physical shape.
21. (Philippians 4:6-7) Christians shouldn't be anxious about anything. What should they do instead? (A) Just keep calm and make their minds a blank, (B) Make it a habit not to think too much about anything, (C) Pray about everything. Ask for the blessings you need, and give thanks for the blessings you receive, (D) Just keep a smile on their faces, (E) Sleep is important.
22. (Hebrews 12:1-2) What is the Christian’s focus? (A) Doing good works, (B) Fighting against the devil, (C) Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of one’s faith, (D) Learning scripture off by heart, (E) Christians are confused. They don't have any focus.
23. (Revelation 1:7) What hope do Christians have regarding coming events? (A) The sun will rise on time tomorrow, (B) Christ is coming in the clouds and every eye shall see him, (C) Global warming will stop, (D) Wars and violence will cease, (E) Christian hope is a delusion.
24. (Revelation 21:4) Not only will our eyes see the Lord, but when he takes the saved into heaven God will do something else to their eyes. What is it? (A) He will cure the blind, (B) God will wipe away every tear from their eyes and there will be no more crying, (C) He will cause them to see new things, (D) God will give them twelve eyes instead of two, (E) Nobody will be one-eyed about anything anymore.
25. (Revelation 22:12-13) In a vision seen by John, Jesus describes himself with two Greek Letters. Which letters? (A) Eta and Theta, (B) Omicron and Pi, (C) Alpha and Omega, (D) Sigma and Tau, (E) Gamma and Delta.
26. (Revelation 19:15-16) In Revelation chapter 19, Jesus is given a name starting with the word “King”. What is the name? (A) King of Heaven and Earth, (B) King of kings and Lord of lords, (C) King of Israel, (D) King Emmanuel, (E) King of the Jews.
27. (John 1:29) John the Baptizer said something about Jesus being a lamb. What did John say? (A) He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, (B) Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, (C) Follow the Lamb wherever he goes, (D) The wedding of the Lamb has come, (E) Worthy is the Lamb.
28. (1Peter 1:19) Peter, in this verse, writes of something precious. What is it? (A) Great and precious promises, (B) The precious blood of Jesus, (C) Precious faith, (D) Precious time, (E) Precious gold.
29. (1Corinthians 6:19-20) What do these verses teach that a Christian ought to know? (A) Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, (B) You are not your own, (C) You are bought with a price, (D) You should glorify God in your body, (E) All of those (ABCD).
30. (Matthew 7:13-14) Trough this life, we must walk along the way that leads to eternal life. How does Jesus describe this way? (A) Wide is the gate and broad is the way, (B) Narrow is the gate and difficult is the way, (C) Tall is the gate and grand is the way, (D) Locked is the gate and forbidden is the way, (E) Broken is the gate and derelict is the way.
(1) A, (2) E, (3) C, (4) D, (5) C, (6) A, (7) B, (8) B, (9) B, (10) C, (11) A, (12) C, (13) C, (14) A, (15) C, (16) A, (17) D, (18) D, (19) B, (20) B, (21) C, (22) C, (23) B, (24) B, (25) C, (26) A, (27) B, (28) B, (29) E, (30) B.