Author: Ron Graham
Quiz in Philippians
—Chapters 1 and 2
Here's a Bible study quiz from Philippians chapters 1 and 2. The Bible questions are not trivia. Rather they help you to learn the message of the scripture.
Philippians chapter 1
1. How often do words like joy, joyful, rejoice, enjoy, glad, appear in Philippians chapters 1 and 2?
2. Who are named as bondservants of Christ (Philippians 1:1)?
3. What special servants were included in the church at Philippi? Philippians 1:1)
4. What terms are used in chapter one to describe church members? (Philippians 1:1,12)
5. Paul often remembered and gave thanks for the Philippians. Why? (Philippians 1:3-5)
6. What did Paul expect God to do with the good work begun in Philippi? (Philippians 1:6)
7. Name some things in which the Philippians shared with Paul (Philippians 1:5,7,29-30)
8. What kind of love did Paul have in his heart for the Philippians? (Philippians 1:8)
9. List the qualities Paul prayed the Philippians might have to the glory of God (Philippians 1:9-11)
10. How did God turn Paul's imprisonment and sufferings to advantage? (Philippians 1:12-14,20)
11. What would the prayers of the Philippians accomplish? (Philippians 1:19)
12. What win-win situation was Paul in, because he was a Christian? (Philippians 1:21-24)
13. For what benefits did Paul want to be with the Philippians? (Philippians 1:21-24)
14. What kind of conduct was expected of the Philippians? (Philippians 1:27)
15. When good Christians encounter opposition and face it with courage, what is the opposition a sign of, and the courage a sign of? (Philippians 1:15-18,28)
Philippians chapter 2
16. List the Christian attitudes in Philippians 2:1-4, and whose attitude we should imitate in verse 5.
17. Whose interests would you serve first, second, and last, out of yourself, others, and Jesus Christ? (Philippians 2:1-5)
18. In what forms did Jesus exist? (Philippians 2:6-7)
19. To what extent was Jesus willing to obey his Father? (Philippians 2:8)
20. How many names are above the name that Jesus holds? (Philippians 2:9-10)
21. What is the confession of Christ that all must make? (Philippians 2:11)
22. Does salvation happen independently of works? (Philippians 2:12-13)
23. God works in us that we may do what? (Philippians 2:13)
24. What should be lacking in Christian action? (Philippians 2:14)
25. What kind of a world do Christians live in, and how do they fit into it? (Philippians 2:15)
26. What was Paul's concern about his work in Philippi? (Philippians 2:16)
27. What employment package existed between the Philippians and Paul? (Philippians 2:17-18)
28. What support and loyalty did Paul get for his efforts in the Lord's work? (Philippians 2:19-21)
29. List the compliments Paul pays Timothy and Epaphroditus (Philippians 2:19-30)
30. What strikes you about the personal relationships underlying Philippians 2:22-30?