Author: Ron Graham
Quiz on Ephesians
Here's a Bible study quiz for you on Ephesians chapter 1. The Bible questions are generally not trivia. Rather they help you to learn the message of the scripture.
For multiple choice questions, find the BEST answer. For other questions, if your answer is worded differently, but has the same meaning, then it is correct. A verse number or note following the answer is for your information. It is not required in your answer.
Ephesians chapter 1
1. In verse 7, what blessings does Paul say Christ bestows through his shed blood? (A) Happiness, (B) Godliness, (C) Redemption.
2. In verse 7, what blessing does Paul say is bestowed according to the riches of Christ's grace? (A) Love, (B) glory, (C) wisdom, (D) forgiveness of sins.
3. According to verse 3, to what extent has God offered heavenly blessings to those who trust in Christ Jesus?(A) Three blessings of our choice, (B) Every spiritual blessing in Christ, (C) God only gives earthly blessings at present.
4. What does it mean that Paul is an 'apostle' of Christ? (A) He is the head of the church on earth, (B) He was specially sent and empowered to spread the true gospel in the world, (C) He was one of the twelve men whom Jesus chose;
5. Did Paul plan early in life to serve Christ? (A) Yes, that's why Jesus chose him, (B) No, Paul was Christ's enemy. Paul became an apostle by God's will.
6. Paul describes the Christians in Ephesus as 'saints and faithful' (Verse 1). What does he mean by 'saints' ? (A) People who have become holy (sanctified) and blameless before God through Jesus Christ, (B) Excellent people who have died yet perform miracles, (C) People whose works are so good they qualify for heaven on their own merit.
7. What does the word 'grace' mean in Verse 2? (A) Grace is the secret principle by which God bestows his blessings on some and witholds them from others, regardless of their will. (B) Grace is the action of God's will whereby he had Jesus die for some but not for others, (C) Grace is a spiritual concept that we cannot understand, (D) Grace is God's goodness and mercy, his willingness to forgive and kindly grant blessing upon blessing to anyone who puts their trust in Christ.
8. In Verse 3, who is blessed? (A) God, (B) Christians, (C) Both of the above.
9. Are any of the following statements false? (A) The mystery of God's will has been revealed and now his purpose is known, (B) God richly blesses and does not cast blame, on anyone who embraces and trusts his plan (C) God had his unchangeable plan and purpose before he created the world, (D) God's purpose is to make us accepted in his Beloved Son, (E) All the above are true.
10. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 4?
11. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 5?
12. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 6?
13. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 7?
14. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 8?
15. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 9?
16. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 10?
17. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 11?
18. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 12?
19. What great blessing does Paul mention in verse 13?
20. What other great blessing did Paul mention in verse 13?
21. How did Paul react to the news he heard about the congregation at Ephesus? (Verses 15-16)
22. What did Paul mainly pray concerning the congregation? (Verse 17)
23. What did Paul pray for the congregation about the eyes of their understanding? (Verses 17-18)
24. What did the knowledge include? (Verse 18-19) (A) The hope of God's calling, (B) The riches of the glory of God's inheritance in the saints, (C) The exceeding greatness of God's power toward believers, (D) All of those.
25. When was God's power most demonstrated? (Verses 19-20)
26. How high is the name bestowed on Jesus? (Verse 21)
27. What did God put under Christ's feet? (Verse 22)
28. What is Jesus the head of? (Verse 22).
29. "Him who fills all in all" is the Father who is "above all and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:6). Furthermore, Jesus is the "fullness of him" as "head over all things to the church which is his body"(Ephesians 1:22-23).. (True) or (False) ?
30. If we want to be true to our Lord, what body should we become a member of? (A) A Roman Catholic or Orthodox Church, (B) A Protestant or Evangelical Church, (D) A congregation of Christ's one body .